BICEPP Internship Opportunity
The Business & Industry Council for Emergency Planning & Preparedness (BICEPP) is a non-profit professional association of emergency management and business continuity professionals from both the private and public sector. Our mission is to provide a forum for information exchange to enhance disaster preparedness and resilience within the Los Angeles and surrounding business communities.
BICEPP is excited to announce an unpaid internship opportunity for a Social Media Specialist. This internship will manage and grow our social media platform; manage multiple social campaigns; help increase engagement in our social media accounts; and present BICEPP's Board with social media marketing ideas for businesses seeking emergency preparedness support. This position will not only support our mission but will offer the intern an excellent opportunity to add real world skills in social media marketing.
The candidate must be a highly motivated, self-starter who is creative and has a firm grasp of the English language and grammar. Experience preferred but not mandated includes Hootsuite usage, Adobe Photoshop, photography, and video editing,
The right intern candidate must have an awareness of current best practices and the ability to develop, implement and manage social media marketing plans across multiple platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
For more information, send an email message to info@BICEPP.org
The candidate will be responsible for social media planning, developing and implementing strategies, and monitoring our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, etc.) to increase brand awareness, event attendance and membership.
Regular tasks include:
- o Develop marketing plans for each platform
- o Plan, strategize, and set goals for campaigns
- o Present proposed strategies and plans to the BICEPP Board of Directors for input and approval
- o Implement plans
- o Analyze key metrics and adjust strategies as needed
The Internship Length is 6 - 12 Months beginning in March 2022
- Beginning Jan 10, interested candidates should submit an intern application by completing this "survey".
- Applications will be accepted until 50 have been received or February 11, whichever occurs first.
- Applications will be reviewed and interviews schedule for the week of February 21, 2022.