BICEPP is hosting Virtual Tabletop Exercise (VTTX) sponsored by the Emergency Management Institute (EMI). It is being provided at no charge. This VTTX is designed for organizations interested in raising awareness of cyber risk management, cyber related planning, and other issues related to cyber incident prevention, protection, and response. The scenario will focus on increasingly complex and severe cyber threats, beginning with general information on a potential security risk and culminating with the containment, eradication, and recovery from a cyber-incident.
The VTTX involves key personnel discussing simulated scenarios in an informal setting, and can be used to assess plans, policies, training, and procedures.
Presenter: FEMA's Emergency Management Institute
Through its courses and integrated programs, EMI serves as the national focal point for the development and delivery of emergency management training to enhance the capabilities of State, local, and Tribal government officials; volunteer organizations; FEMA’s disaster workforce; other Federal agencies; and the public and private sectors to minimize the impact of disasters and emergencies on the American public. EMI curricula are structured to meet the needs of this diverse audience with an emphasis on separate organizations working together in all-hazards emergencies to save lives and protect property. Particular emphasis is placed on governing doctrine such as the National Response Framework, National Incident Management System, and the National Preparedness Guidelines.
- Prepare participants for a cyber-based event affecting their organization or community.
- Assess cybersecurity integration into an organization’s all-hazards preparedness.
- Enable participants to better coordinate their response operations with counterparts from Federal, state, local, tribal and territorial governments; private sector organizations; and non-governmental agencies.
- Examine cybersecurity incident information sharing, escalation criteria, and related courses of action.
- Provide a virtual, experiential education environment to increase cybersecurity awareness.
Flyer Here - 2021 Apr 22 BICEPP Cyber Security VTTX Flyer TK.pdf